The vegetarian "arrabbiata", simple and essential
My usual "penne all'arrabbiata" (Here the recipe) is a dish rich in taste and ingredients; very tasty but just not suitable for those who, in addition to avoiding animal fats, generally prefers a vegetarian diet!
And so, already a couple of acquaintances have asked me to tell, after trying it from me, this my stripped down version of the essentials ... in practice, I would dare to say, a classic garlic, oil and hot pepper sauce enriched with plenty of tomato!
But without removing anything from taste and taste (and even the calories because, here, I'll go a bit 'with a heavy hand with the extra virgin olive oil!).
Steps to prepare it are very few, and very affordable for all; as well as ingredients: here they are!
Clearly everyone can increase or decrease the weight of the individual ingredients according to your taste, the following doses are those that are all the rage on my table.
NB for this dish use pens but here, in bags request, I used the noodles!
Ingredients, per person:
|extra virgin olive oil||QB|
|salt and pepper||QB|
|chopped parsley (v. Note)||CT||1|
Boil water for pasta.
Chop the garlic and chilli (picture one sees two: one large and tasty - but sweet - and a decidedly spicy!)
Put the mixture in the pan that will be used both for cooking the sauce to sauté the pasta immediately after draining.
Add the oil and cook over medium heat until the garlic and chilli, taking just color, they have begun to spread their aroma.
this is at the bottom of the passage complicated: We must not let it darken the mixture but immediately proceed with the other ingredients!
Now add the tomato pulp, dampen the acidity with a little sugar, mix well and add an idea of salt and pepper: you will then adjust them.
Cover and allow to simmer slightly.
While the sauce is cooking, salt the boiling water and throw the dough.
When the pasta is almost ready (a minute or two before) taste the sauce and, if necessary, season with salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta al dente, complete the cooking in the pan, raise the flame to the maximum under the sauce and immediately pour the pasta starting to mix, without mistreating the dough, for at least a minute.
Add the parsley, turn off the heat and stir again a couple of times.
Remove from the stove and, before going to the table, complete with cheese (for lovers of cheese in abundance, put a bowl on the table) And serve.
All that remains is to distribute in the dishes and give us with a fork.
ADVICES AND NOTES:
- Recipe, text only: to print or download.
- It may limit, but not too please, the use of oil in the preparation and then bring to the table a bottle of olive oil flavored with hot pepper (I have always in the pantry, prepared by me).
- Parsley: I often replace the parsley with the burnet which, in my garden, grows luxuriant.
- If you want to propose a "vegan" version, I advise you not to just eliminate the pecorino cheese but to complete the dish, always in a pan already away from the fire, with a half spoonful of almond flakes.
- I know that you already know but ... repetita juvant: finished trafficking with chilli, it is convenient to wash and rub hands vigorously, perhaps with a toothbrush; and do not pass them on lips and eyes!