Ämmitaler Anke-Cake, Emmental's butter cake
There is a local snack cake that, until a few years ago, I happened to take is often in the bakery that among the products of the supermarket region.
Then, seeing that I liked - and I love it - so much, I have decided to try the recipe, adapting it to the home kitchen, prepare it and, of course, devour her.
Here it is: the Emmental butter pie!
Tasty, tasty and, as is generally the favorite recipes, easy to prepare.
Here the minimum quantity to prepare a small loaf pan son were indicated.
They can be safely doubled without fear:
this cake, kept in a paper bag, will keep for a couple of days without drying, given the quantity of butter which contains!
It can also be prepared in many baking paper cups to prepare small cakes monoportion; the cooking times will of course modified according to the size.
A couple of notes before you start:
This cake is very, very, tasty ... hold back from doing it out in a few minutes.
And, importantly, it has all the ingredients at room temperature; in particular the butter (must be soft) and eggs.
And now, put all the ingredients on the kitchen counter, we begin to prepare the Anke-Cake.
Ingredients, for one to cm mold 10x20:
|XNUMX/XNUMX cup salted butter||g||125|
|XNUMX/XNUMX cup sugar||g||100|
|00 cup flour||g||125|
Mix with an electric mixer, softened butter and sugar until creamy smooth and frothy.
While butter and sugar are mounted, break the eggs into a bowl, add a few drops of lemon juice and mount them with a whip for a few minutes.
So add a little at a time to butter cream while stirring quickly until creamy and smooth swells.
Stir together flour, lemon zest and yeast cake and add, stirring very gently to the rest of the dough.
Coat of wax paper a loaf pan (cm 10x20) and pour the mixture.
Bake at 180 ° (static oven) for about 35 '.
Just ready (check with a steccolino, as always) Remove from oven and after a few minutes to transfer the cake, with the wax paper on a wire rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and let it cool before starting to slice and bite!
Enjoy your meal.
ADVICES AND NOTES:
- Recipe, text only: to print or download.
- This is not a cake and "light", too: the butter is not replaceable; let's have a reason!
- Lemon zest can be replaced by orange zest; discourage vanilla, despite generally I try to put it everywhere ...
- This is a dessert suitable for all times of the day, from breakfast, to tea until after dinner. Possibly only in one of these moments in the space of a single day.
- A curiosity: Anke is one of the names of the butter in the medieval German and is still used colloquially in some parts of Switzerland.
- Related articles: Yoghurt plum cake, Plum cake with lemon, Cake heaven, Four quarter cake