Homemade egg pasta is one of those things that must be present in every kitchen.
You can not escape.
Then maybe it happens that there is no desire, or that in addition to lack of time you find it easier to use a ready product.
Yet it is not difficult and to prepare it, according to all the trappings, just two ingredients and a pinch ... and a great desire to eat well!
Read the rest of the recipe ...
Some small tricks I can definitely help you prepare it better, for example a food processor for the first phase of the dough (which will then still be worked by hand for a perfect result) and a machine to pull the dough: we are not all sfogline!
But there is a fundamental and unparalleled trick, useful also to revive the day: prepare it in company!
And in fact, a short time ago, I took the excuse of a neighbor who wanted to learn how to use the machine for the pastry to organize, to follow, a nice dinner of tagliatelle with meat sauce
Step by step, here's how to proceed.
Let's start with the ingredients, keeping an egg as a canon every two guests (of normal appetite ...)
Ingredients, per pound of fresh pasta:
eggs (g 60 / 65)
00 cup flour
salt (see note)
pinch (made with three fingers)
If kneading by hand, place the flour on the work surface and add the eggs in the center, breaking them one by one in a bowl.
Add salt and then, with a fork, whisk the eggs, letting them begin to interfere with the flour.
At this point, by hand, gradually add the flour, pulling it in, mixing and kneading with your hands.
We must continue to work the dough until it is homogeneous for at least fifteen minutes.
If you want to proceed with the mixer, pour all the flour into the bowl and then add the eggs, always breaking them one by one separately in a small bowl.
Start mixing at minimum speed and gradually increase up to two thirds of power.
The dough will be ready for manual processing when it will be completely detached from the edges of the bowl.
At this point the processing, for the best results, will be manual, for at least another five minutes: with the lower part of the palm the dough should be crushed and pushed forward, recovered the part left behind and still pushed.
A good dough absorbs air towards the end begins to crackle: it's time to wrap it in a plastic film and put it to rest in the fridge for half an hour.
After this period (or even the day after) the pasta can be spread.
My grandmother took all the dough at once and with a rolling pin she drew a dough that covered the whole tablecloth on the table; then he covered half of the dough with balls of filling and, using the tablecloth, raised the remaining dough to cover the rest. With the cutter or the mold then formed many ravioli: what goodness and what memories!
Although knowing how to use the rolling pin method is very effective (even if you work small amounts of dough at a time), the pasta machine is certainly much easier to use and guarantees a perfectly regular result in terms of thickness.
For the amount of dough indicated above, it is better not to work more than one sixth of the vaulted dough; the rest is rewound in plastic or in a freshly damp canvas
(but really just: otherwise it wets the pasta and the ruin!).
Form a dough cylinder and pass it to the widest thickness of the rollers.
Fold the two sides in the middle overlapping them and repeat the operation twice.
Without folding it further, pass it to the following thickness, repeating the procedure again.
Proceed thus until the desired thickness.
If for a pasta to the guitar it does not have to be the thinnest (on the contrary ...), for the tortellini to rule of art it will have to be the thinner one.
In any case, personal taste matters too much.
Here, in the photos, the dough has not been made extremely thin to get some rustic noodles suitable to be finished in the pan with a nice sauce (clearly after being boiled and drained!)
All that remains is to wish everyone good work and enjoy your meal!
ADVICES AND NOTES:
- Recipe, text only: to print or download. (in preparation)
- Salt: some texts do not indicate the use of salt and they consider sufficient that added during cooking. Others exclude it by stating that so the dough is pulled better. Everyone can adjust as he wants: I like to put it.
- Spices and colors: the addition of saffron, turmeric, spinach, cuttlefish ink allows to change the taste and color of the pasta that will be prepared. The only limit is the imagination (and the taste ...)!
- Semolina: for more resistant dough you can replace up to half of the flour with durum wheat semolina (or even with normal durum wheat flour). Coming soon on these pages!
- Water: in theory it is not necessary to add it; but if the dough appears really dry add very little and always a little at a time. Then, to keep it soft while you are pulling it, it is better to use a freshly damp cloth to keep the dough that is not spreading or ready to work later (for example for the preparation of ravioli, cannelloni or other).
- Related articles: The University of noodles.
Your comments are welcome!
Leave them in the form at the bottom of the page: