Lady Annina's pasta and chickpeas
Chickpeas like prepared and served in every way; and I love especially the pasta and chickpeas, in all its versions.
Some time ago, on these pages, I recalled with nostalgia the wonderful pasta and chickpeas that prepared, when I was a boy, a neighbor.
One of the sons, having taken note of it, took care to find me the recipe and let me have it:
I will offer it, prepared by me, below.
The original recipe is here, So as I have been forwarded a page to you reserved.
The following is the version adapted to tools and ingredients in my kitchen.
For example vegetable broth: I almost always have it ready at home (o in my magic freezer) And I have therefore limited to spice it with fennel, fennel and basil.
Instead I cut the potatoes into small cubes and put them to cook together with chickpeas already found.
For the rest I tried to comply as closely as possible to the original recipe, but enriching the fried onion with a couple tablespoons of diced carrots and celery and then passing, before adding the pasta, about a third of chickpeas and boiled potatoes to the mixer.
And now, starting with the ingredients, we start cooking!
|chickpeas (weighed already soaked)||g.||300|
|pasta (eg thimbles)||g.||60|
|Aromas and flavors for the broth|
|for fried diced||TS.||2|
|extra virgin olive oil||q.s.|
|salt and pepper||q.s.|
The day before...
In the evening soak in water with a teaspoon of baking soda chickpeas; change the water and rinse them after the first hour.
In case you have a vegetable broth already available, prepare one in adding late aromatic elements.
Now you can start!
Put Heat the vegetable broth (if already available by enriching it dispenses with the aromatic elements and simmer half an hour).
In a saucepan fry the onion in olive oil and the eventual from fried diced.
As soon as the onion is softened, peel and dice the potatoes, add the chickpeas drained and rinsed.
Pour into the pan and stir briefly to take flavor.
Cover with the broth filtered. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for the time needed (see note) which can in some cases reach three hours.
When the chickpeas are cooked, if you want to have a soup with more creaminess, spend a third of chickpeas (including potato and fried onion), with a little broth, and keep the mixer briefly aside.
If you still can not get it back again, remove the tomatoes, remove the peel and throw it back into the soup or add it to the mixer.
Taste and adjust, just now, pepper and salt
(e only if necessary, the broth is already salted).
Bring to a boil and add the pasta:
here have been used of the thimbles but they are fine also the scraps of egg pasta advanced by other preparations or a mixture of broken pasta.
As soon as the soup starts to boil, add the chickpeas passed and mix.
After cooking the pasta, remove from heat, add a tablespoon or two of finely chopped chives (the amount goes to the taste) and let stand:
should be served warm or heated the following day.
Pasta and chickpeas served: Bon appetit!
ADVICES AND NOTES:
- Recipe, text only: to print or download.
- 100 g dried chickpeas correspond to about 300 g chickpeas soaked
- cooking time: According to the chickpeas and the time for which they are been preserved, the cooking times may vary greatly: in general, ranging from one and a half to three hours. The best solution is to start tasting them after the first hour!
- frozen chickpeas today are on the market of high-quality frozen chickpeas requiring of much shorter cooking times: usually no more than thirty minutes. I have tried them a few times in different preparations with excellent results.
- The fennel, as well as the fennel but, in particular the seed of fennel, represents a very important supplement in the preparation of soups of vegetables: contains elements that promote the digestion of legumes and prevent the formation of unpleasant intestinal gas.
- Chive: may be substituted with parsley or pimpinella or chervil. It can also be added to the individual dishes at the moment.
- thanks to Stefano Mercurio and his sisters are taken care to let me have the recipe I prepared their mother.
- Related articles: Pasta and chickpeas lady Annina: the traditional recipe of Mercury home, Pasta and chickpeas in a hurry, Pasta and beans (fresh or frozen), Swabian lentil soup.
Your comments are welcome!
Leave them in the form at the bottom of the page: